Happy hump day inFITiny Family!
Not to worry, we hear you!
Since we hear you, we have decided to make this a regular thing.
The Go-To Glute Series is going to be a series that features some different things but will include glute moves, some printable sheets, new challenges, etc. So check back the first Humpday of every month for a new post.
To continue where we left off we have four more of our favorites moves. We will explain how to do them, the muscles involved and some overall benefits.
GLUTE BAND HIP THURST
HOW TO: 3x15
- Sit in front of a secure bench. Flex your knees, and place your feet flat on the ground. Lean on the bench so that only the shoulder blades are against the bench.
- Extend your arms to your sides and place them on the bench to support your body.
- Lift your buttocks toward the ceiling and look up. Keep your neck and back in a neutral position. Your hips and spine should be in line with each other.
- Hold this pose for a second. Do not forget to breathe.
- Lower your hips back to the starting position.
- Do not overarch back
- Keep inline posture
- SQUEEZE AT THE TOP
More of a functional and athletic movement. Remember to do these correctly, safe landings and don’t do for speed or cardio if you are not on that level. Focus on getting full hip flexor extension and soft landings.
HOW TO: 3x10
- Stand in an athletic position, with your feet shoulder-width apart, at a comfortable distance from the box.
- When you're ready to jump, drop quickly into a quarter squat, then extend your hips, swing your arms, and push your feet through the floor to propel yourself onto the box.
- Soft and controlled landing
- Dont jump, step off the box
- Keeps knees from caving in
- Explosive move
- Functional exercise
- Increase speed and balance
STANDING GLUTE KICKBACK
HOW TO: 3x12 each leg
- Place the band around your lower thigh
- With your hands at your chest or on your hips, shift all your weight into your left leg and place your right toes on the ground about an inch diagonally behind your left heel, so there is tension in the band.
- Squeeze your abs and tuck your pelvis under as you kick your right leg back about 6 inches. Keep the knee straight.
- Return your right foot to the ground, keeping tension in the band, for 1 rep.
- If you feel your lower back arching when you kick, make the movement smaller
GLUTE BAND HIGH KNEES
HOW TO: 3x10 each leg
- Put light or heavy inFITiny glute band around the lower thigh
- Start standing with feet hip-distance apart
- Lift up right knee as high as it will go and raise the opposite arm,then switch in bursts or slow and steady for a different cardio burst
- Strengthen hip flexors and core
- Speed development movement
- Increase range of motion
- Strengthen hip stabilizers and posture
- Cardio boost